Saturday, May 28, 2011

In My Humble Opinion...

these...


should not be built with these...

...but right now, unfortunately, they are.

It's durian season, and everywhere I went today, I saw pyramids of durian on the sides of the streets for sale. That means the streets reek of durian. I'm not sure how to describe the scent of durian, but it's awful. Like I held my breath every time I walked by one of those elaborate triangular structures today and hoped that by the time I exhaled and inhaled again, I wouldn't be able to smell it anymore. That worked...most of the time.

At one point in the angkot today, I smelled the following combination of smells: car exhaust, durian, rotten fruit peels that had been out in the tropical sun all day, and cigarette smoke. Good thing I'm not sick to my stomach today! lol. Hope you enjoyed a little glimpse of the smells of the tropics of Asia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment