Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday, I had my first motorcycle lesson. It was so fun! I was really nervous, to be honest, especially about staying balanced, but it was actually really easy. I think going 4wheeling so much helped me a lot. I just turned the triple speed bumps in my path into logs/trees that I'm used to driving over in my quad. Thanks for all the lessons and experience, Dad :) Haven't driven on busy streets yet...not even close, but I'll get there :)

Today, we went to the local fair. Many similarities and also many differences. There were booths, cotton candy, popcorn, paintings, even a ferris wheel. There were also cultural buildings that showcased the specific cultural foods, art, fabrics, dances, etc. of each part of our province. It was really fun to see such rich culture :) One difference--I've never been famous or had random people take my picture at any fair in the states. At one point, I told my roommate, "If one more person takes a picture of me without asking, I'm gonna..." Not sure what I was gonna do, but it made me mad. Not a very good attitude to have, but sometimes a girl gets tired of being stared at and yelled at and taken her picture taken by total strangers just cuz of the color of her skin, ya know?! All in all, though, a very fun evening with my friends :)

3 comments:

  1. so fun, kimber! um, do i have to ride on a motorcycle when i'm there? not sure i'm up for it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were the experienced motorcycle rider Cindy! Good story Kimberlee. The fair sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, um yes?? haha, no, we can walk and/or take pt. You don't trust me??

    ReplyDelete