Sunday, July 10, 2011

In the Land of Toilet Paper, Soap, and Paper Towels

I just got home from a land that had all of the above in every restroom I went to! Now, that sounds like a very small thing, but really, it was shocking...in a good way! Here are some pictures :)

Bellamy and me

Celebrating Bellamy's bday with Lizzie and Megan :)

Asher...trying to hold up the volcano??



Sirsak (green fruit)--one of my favs--and marquisa (orange)

MOUNTAINS!!!! made this CA heart happy :)

View from our hotel room--can't beat that!

When the tide went out, it went OUT!

Clouds--one of my favorite parts of creation in this part of the world

Reminded me of the Nor Cal coast with all the rocks


Asher and Brenden


Hope you enjoyed some pictures from the first 2 legs of my vacation. It was an amazing time with family and also of meeting new friends. And all the scenery I got to enjoy from volcanoes to mountains to beach was a like a breath of fresh air from the busy, dirty city I spend every day in. And, I got to enjoy toilet paper, soap, and paper towels for a week and a half :) What else can a girl ask for?!

4 comments:

  1. So tell us what part of those two fruits you eat - the seeds? What do they taste like? Loved the pictures and so glad you got to have soap, toilet paper, and paper towels for a week and a half! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sirsak, the green one, you eat the white flesh, and there are seeds kinda like tamarind seeds hidden inside that you have to pick out. The markisa is like passion fruit so basically the fruit is the seeds, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberlee, I've spent the morning reading your blogs with my morning coffee and enjoyed it very much. Your vacation spot was beautiful and I'm sure you enjoyed having what we take for granted. The other blog link for driving tips was hilarious! Be careful on your moto!! Sounds like driving there is an adventure more dangerous than a pit of vipers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I could provide some entertainment with your morning coffee, Sharon ;)

    ReplyDelete