Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sometimes I Forget....

...that I look different than everyone else around me.

I had a moment like that today in the mall. I suddenly noticed EVERYONE around me staring at me and my two other white friends. At first, I was like, "Why is everyone staring at us?!" And then I remembered, "Oh ya, I'm in SE Asia and look different from everyone else!" We're kind of a novelty here because not many foreigners come through our city. Most days I'm VERY aware of that fact, but today, I just forgot. Maybe that's another sign that this is home now--I see those around me as no different from myself so I expect them to see me the same way. Or maybe it's because I was a sick hermit in my room all day yesterday so I forgot I was in another country. I choose to think the former is true :)

2 comments:

  1. are you not getting better? this makes me sad :(

    but i'm glad it's home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad also cindy! Hope this new medicine will do the trick! Love you Kimberlee!

    ReplyDelete