Thursday, December 9, 2010

Monkeys :)

There is a little area of undamaged rain forest trees and plants near my language teacher's house, and monkeys often play there. I've been going there on Thursdays after language to see green and enjoy some quiet, but have yet to see one monkey. Today, however, I saw a lot! So many, in fact, that I had no place to sit in the shade without bothering them or making some mama mad. I took pictures, talked to the sweetest elderly man for about 15 minutes, and then walked home. What a great reminder of the beauty he's created all around us, even in a busy, dirty city.

View out to Indian Ocean. Look at the clouds!

Jumping from one tree to another

Curious?

He could care less how close I was to him. Eating was much more important, apparently!

This baby came to pose for me. He saw the camera and scrambled up this pillar closer to me! Hilarious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment